VOSS Solutions has unveiled the latest edition to its product portfolio, VOSS Phone Server, designed to extend the lifetime and maximize the investment from existing assets, whilst reducing operating costs in large scale distributed telephony networks.
VOSS Phone Server operates as a registration and telephony server, connecting phones and other devices into existing telephony estates. In doing so, it provides a simple and straightforward mechanism to bring a wide choice of multi-vendor devices into systems such as Cisco HCS and Cisco CUCM, Avaya Aura, and Microsoft Teams.
Its principal applications are to:
- Extend the lifetime of existing devices that become unsupported as the main telephony platform is upgraded to the latest software
- Provide scalable, standard telephony at lower purchase and ongoing license costs at places such as lobbies, reception areas, meeting rooms and branch offices
- Assist the migration to new telephony solutions, allowing existing devices to connect quickly and simply into the new estate with minimum disruption
- Offer the option of connecting more traditional third party (SIP) phones and analog devices (ATA adapter) into solutions such as Microsoft Teams (which are designed to primarily cater for mobile and PC soft clients)
- Concentrate dispersed devices – home workers with remote devices – simply and cost-effectively back into the main Cisco or Avaya solution
VOSS created Phone Server in response to the challenge of connecting a wide range of existing, new and multi-vendor telephony devices into solutions such as Cisco, Avaya and Microsoft. With VOSS Phone Server, organizations can simply and cost-effectively integrate these devices, extending the lifetime of existing assets and opening up options to take advantage of the wide range of third party devices available, without being tied in to a single vendor; reducing ongoing operating and license costs. This means that organizations can seamlessly connect traditional devices, phones and analog points into new UC platforms.
Administration of the VOSS Phone Server is from VOSS-4-UC, which offers an intuitive web portal to install and operate the new technology. Existing devices may be quickly and easily migrated to the Phone Server using the provided workflow wizards.
Bill Dellara, VP Product at VOSS Solutions commented; “VOSS Phone Server extends the wealth of benefits found in VOSS-4-UC, empowering organizations to manage and control their entire telephony estate from a single intuitive web portal. This new functionality will enable our customers to access impressive operational savings, as well as the good business practice of getting the most out of existing investments.”
To learn more about VOSS Phone Server, please email [email protected].
Source: VOSS Solutions