Sigma Systems, a provider and leader in the design, development and deployment of OSS service management solutions, has launched its Commercial Voice Service Package. The Sigma Commercial Voice Service Package provides a robust OSS service management solution that is pre-integrated to define, provision, and maintain hosted commercial voice services on both TDM and IP networks.
The service package encapsulates the voice services domain expertise and best practices that Sigma has gained from working closely with some of the world’s largest communication service providers since 1996 and this solution is applicable to any cable, telco or broadband IP service provider looking to offer small-to-medium business voice services.
The Sigma Commercial Voice Service Package allows quick optimization and automation of operational processes for voice services. It can rapidly create new bundles of commercial services, including hosted voice service, voice mail, unified messaging and Centrex & IP-Centrex call features. And when it is time to fulfill orders, the underlying Sigma Service Management Platform supports shorter order intervals, dramatic reductions in order fallout, and faster problem resolution. The end result is that voice service offerings are maximized for customer satisfaction, increased revenue and reduced operations costs.
“The small-medium business market is wide open for service providers to expand their footprint,” says Rick Mallon, VP Product Management at Sigma. “VoIP technology is improving the cost equation for SMBs while at the same time helping small businesses to serve their customers better. However, service providers entering the SMB market must automate their operational processes to deal successfully with the volume of transactions while taking into account administrative and self-care support requirements.
The Sigma Commercial Voice Service Package currently supports:
* Rapid service creation via pre-built definitions of commonly deployed hosted commercial voice services, including support for hunt-groups, multi-port MTAs & ATAs, and virtual telephone number support
* Support for over 50 call features, including those for hosted Centrex
* Service availability checks based on network topology, geography, load balancing or rate calendar
* Pre-built workflow management processes for telephony order fulfillment and service activation
* Open API interfaces for order capture from other customer care and billing systems
* Optional automated e-bonding integration for inter-connect service management (e.g. E911, LNP, CNAM and more)
* Detailed views of service topology, using pre-built definitions and relationship models for provisioning and network maintenance support activities
* Telephony settings such as rate centers, line class, line restrictions, call blocking options
* 911 & 611 routing, CPE time zones and many more * Key call management server vendors supported: Nortel, Siemens, Cisco, Broadsoft and Cedar Point
Planned feature additions to the Commercial Voice Service Package include:
* Company administrator web portals to add/drop employees and assign telephone numbers with extensions, assign business call features, add IP phone or ATA/IAD ports and more
* Support for toll-free numbers, calling cards and fax services along with incoming & outgoing dialing plans and extension dialing
* Support for provisioning of SIP business trunks and remote managed IP-PBX services
Benefits for end users include:
* Significantly lowered implementation time and operational costs due to pre-configured services, workflow processes, administrative support functions and integrated technology cartridges
* Accurate provisioning operations due to detailed operational model that relates subscribers to their subscribed services and the underlying capabilities of the service network topology
* Increased revenue opportunities due to quicker response to competition, and new opportunities with service creation and planning capabilities
* Increased customer satisfaction due to quicker activation and fewer error-prone manual processes
The Sigma Commercial Voice Service Package is currently in deployment at three major service providers in North America. Sigma System continues to demonstrate its leadership in OSS service management for VoIP telephony with over 20 deployments and a strong, growing Service Providers base that is expanding into the SMB market place.
About Sigma Systems Sigma Systems is a premier provider and leader in the design, development, and deployment of OSS service management solutions. A global company, we automate Communications Service Providers’ (CSPs) business and operational processes enabling them to define, activate, manage and diagnose subscribed, on-demand and real-time IP broadband and wireless services. Sigma All Play Solutions provide the “Intelligence Behind Converged Services Delivery”.
Sigma’s proven software provides CSPs with industry leading solutions for voice (circuit switch, VoIP, SIP, cellular voice), video (IPTV, DTV, ITV, VOD, PPV), data (DSL, DOCSIS, 2-way satellite, mobile and WiFi/WiMax data), and IMS-based services.
Sigma has 11 years experience using a proven implementation methodology that provides rapid deployment integration and turn-up in multi-service, multi-technology operating environments. Today, we manage fifty plus (50+) deployments for communications service providers, such as Cox Communications, TELUS, Rogers Communications, TV Cabo, Shaw Communications and Jupiter [email protected], and others with a combined total of over 25 million subscribers managed on our platform, across North America, EMEA, CALA and APAC.