Sigma Systems, a provider and leader in the design, development and deployment of OSS service management solutions, has been selected by EastLink, Canada’s fifth largest cable provider, to license Sigma’s Service Management Platform (SMP) for the delivery of residential and commercial telephone and Internet services. Sigma’s service management solution will be integrated / and certified with EastLink’s billing platform.
â€œWe chose Sigma’s SMP because of their in-depth experience and track record of delivering solutions to other service providers worldwide,â€ says EastLink senior director of Engineering and Operations, Jim Fitzgerald. â€œToday, EastLink has an extensive telephone service offering available to our customers and we needed a proven solution that would allow us the flexibility to support the multitude of features and packages with the reliability that our customers expect. We needed to upgrade our back-office infrastructure so we could easily create, provision and manage services across a multi-vendor network.â€
SMP is a high performance, extremely reliable, flexible, and customizable service management platform with proven service provider deployments in North America, Europe, CALA, and Asia Pacific since 1996. Sigma SMP automates end-to-end order management and service provisioning of subscription, on-demand, and converged telecommunications services for IP broadband and wireless service providers.
â€œWe are working very closely with customers like EastLink to deliver end-to-end OSS automation to service providers with complex services like commercial voice telephony,â€ adds Tim Spencer, president and COO Sigma Systems. â€œEastLink is capitalizing on Sigma’s industry proven and deployed voice solutions with the ability to rapidly create, provision and manage a large array of residential and commercial telephony features and packaged service offerings.â€
As part of this current deployment, EastLink is deploying:
* Sigma’s Service Management Platform (SMP), which automates order management, service provisioning and activation, service authorization and resource management for complex services on a multi vendor service delivery networks.
* Sigma Voice Service Package that provisions commercial and residential dial tone access, voicemail, calling features and long distance choice for voice telephony networks.
* The Sigma Service Topology Manager (STM), a comprehensive solution for modeling, assessing and managing the relationship between subscriber services and the underlying network.
* The Sigma CLEC Interconnection Gateway including the functionality to manage the voice service lifecycle as it proceeds through the complex process of activation and other transitions through dealings with LEC trading partners.
* The Sigma Service Profile Manager (SPM), a CSR order capture web portal with the ability to enter and manage the subscriber’s service profile, order status and history.
EastLink has also licensed Sigma’s high-speed data solution built on top of Sigma’s Service Management Platform (SMP) and plans to deploy it in a future release.
About Sigma Systems
Sigma Systems is a premier provider and leader in the design, development, and deployment of OSS service management solutions. A global company, we automate Communications Service Providers’ (CSPs) business and operational processes enabling them to define, activate, manage and diagnose subscribed, on-demand and real-time IP broadband and wireless services. Sigma All Play Solutions provide the â€œIntelligence Behind Converged Services Deliveryâ€.
Sigma’s proven software provides CSPs with industry leading solutions for voice (circuit switch, VoIP, SIP, cellular voice), video (IPTV, DTV, ITV, VOD, PPV), data (DSL, DOCSIS, 2-way satellite, mobile and WiFi/WiMax data), and IMS-based services.
Sigma has 10 years experience using a proven implementation methodology that provides rapid deployment integration and turn-up in multi-service, multi-technology operating environments. Today, we manage fifty plus (50+) deployments for communications service providers, such as Cox Communications, TELUS, Rogers Communications, TVCabo, Shaw Communications and @NetHome, and others with a combined total of over 25 million subscribers managed on our platform, across North America, EMEA, CALA and APAC.
Operating from its headquarters in Halifax, Nova Scotia, EastLink is the fifth largest cable company in Canada and was the first to offer customers local telephone service over a state-of-the-art digital network. EastLink’s employees provide a range of communications, entertainment and advertising services to business and residential customers across the Maritimes. For more information on EastLink and its products and services, visit www.eastlink.ca.