Openet Telecom, a leading provider of active mediation, charging and rating solutions, has announced the release of the company’s Lawful Network Surveillance solution to address regulatory and government-mandated compliance issues faced by Tier One telecom operators worldwide.
Built upon Openet’s FusionWorks Mediation product, the Lawful Network Surveillance solution supports real-time network activity monitoring and investigative analysis of circuit-switched and packet-based voice and data communications services on high scale wireline, wireless, and cable networks.
“Upcoming mandates for network data retention have encouraged communication service providers to enhance their security and compliance capabilities,” said Michael Manzo, Vice President of Global Marketing at Openet. “Openet’s Lawful Network Surveillance solution, with comprehensive and flexible collection and correlation of converged network usage data, enables operators to address regulated and unregulated requirements for delivery of real-time call or session data to national security, intelligence and law enforcement agencies.”
The Openet Lawful Network Surveillance solution is fully configurable to support the requirements of individual service providers for collecting activity events from network equipment and correlating and retaining data for later forensics. The solution is in production today in service provider networks feeding data retention warehouses which hold billions of network activity events collected for compliance purposes.
Openet’s Lawful Network Surveillance solution enables operators to reduce deployment and management costs, assure regulatory compliance, and conform to regulatory and government agency requirements through the following capabilities:
– Comprehensive collection and correlation of activity events for voice and data services on circuit and packet networks across all network elements and service delivery platforms within an operator’s network.
– Real-time enrichment of network activity events from both internal and external information sources, allowing operators to augment activity events with information such as the user’s location or translate an Internet communications address to a telephone number.
– Real-time correlation analytics to apply surveillance logic to network activity events to identify suspicious activity for targeted
– Automatic operator identification when communications sessions are between two different service providers.
– Secure delivery of information to data warehouse platforms for subpoena processing and network forensics.
The Openet Lawful Network Surveillance solution is built on Openet’s FusionWorks Mediation product to provide unparalleled performance, availability and scale in real-time network activity event collection, correlation and distribution in convergent network and service environments. FusionWorks Mediation is used today by more than 50 operators worldwide including four of the 11 largest operators in the world, and is used to process billions of transactions per day as part of solutions for Billing Mediation, Revenue Assurance and Lawful Network Surveillance.
About Openet Telecom
Openet Telecom is a leading worldwide provider of event processing and transaction management solutions that enable service providers to maximize profitability, minimize deployment and management costs and ensure regulatory and partner requirements compliance. Our products – FusionWorks Mediation, FusionWorks Charging, and FusionWorks Real-Time Rating – and the solutions they enable, set the industry standard for availability, performance and scale in processing and management of network activity events and transactions in multi-service convergent environments.
With headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and offices in the United States, Singapore and Brazil and Malaysia, Openet Telecom has signed customers that include British Telecom, Cingular Wireless, StarHub, Orange Group, T-Mobile, TIM, Telstra, Verizon Wireless and Vodafone.
Additional information is available at www.openet.com.