Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V), the leading vendor of dynamic Operations Support System (OSS) software, recently unveiled its strategy for Next Generation Fulfillment (NGF). Comptel is evolving its current fulfillment solutions towards a real-time, high performance, catalog-driven and fully integrated platform, designed to support the evolving service aggregation needs of converged communications service providers (CSPs) and network operators.
Increasingly, CSPs are becoming service aggregators as they offer ‘blended’ products which combine their own services and capabilities with elements provided by partners and external suppliers. At the same time, the proliferation of devices and services, including M2M (machine-to-machine), means that orders may not be coming through the traditional CRM or conventional order capture system, but through devices or other systems. As a result, fulfillment software will need to change radically in the near future to be more intelligent, resilient, scalable and fast. Comptel’s NGF strategy is designed to meet that challenge.
Comptel will be exhibiting (Booth #23) and is a participating vendor on the Enhanced Cloud Service Management Catalyst at Management World Americas 2011, taking place 8-10 November in Orlando, Florida.
• The latest release of Comptel Fulfillment integrates the high performance provisioning and activation engine, which has already been deployed by over 130 service providers worldwide. This means Comptel Fulfillment is now better positioned to handle the increasing number of data transactions that are prevalent in real-time services, such as the broadcast and streaming of video to devices, enterprises and homes.
• Comptel Fulfillment is fully catalog-driven, which creates an abstract environment for mobile, fixed and converged service providers to flexibly and rapidly design new services and efficiently launch and deliver them. This provides the advantages of reducing time-to-market and maintaining a competitive edge in the breadth and quality of CSPs’ service portfolios.
• The first phase of this NGF platform has been deployed in a number of customers globally. Most recently, Comptel announced that Australia’s NBN Co had selected Comptel Fulfillment.
• The next major release of Comptel Fulfillment, due H1 2012, will offer significant enhancements in the streamlining of product delivery into complex and aggregated network, service and application environments, complementing the new activation and catalog-driven capabilities in the current release.
• For more information about Comptel, visit www.comptel.com. Learn more about the company’s fulfillment, mediation, policy control and charging expertise.
• Comptel has released a whitepaper that outlines the needs and objectives for the future of fulfillment. To receive a free copy, please visit us at the event or send an email to [email protected]
• Connect with Comptel on its blog, The Dynamics of OSS, and on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Also visit the company’s YouTube channel.