ECtel, a leading global provider of Integrated Revenue Management solutions, has reported financial results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2006. Revenues for the fourth quarter increased five percent sequentially to $7.7 million, from $7.3 million in the third quarter; and up to 17 percent from $6.5 million in the fourth quarter 2005.
Non-GAAP net income for the fourth quarter of 2006 was $0.5 million, or 3 cents per fully diluted share. Non-GAAP net income for the third quarter was $0.6 million, or 3 cents per fully diluted share, similar to fourth quarter 2005.
Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2006 Highlights
– Strong fourth quarter revenues up seventeen percent from fourth quarter 2005, which is the ninth sequential quarter of revenue growth.
– Annual revenues are up 24 percent over revenues in 2005
– Strong fourth quarter bookings are the highest in the last twelve quarters
– Annual non-GAAP net income of $2.5 million compared to $1.1 million non-GAAP net loss in 2005.
– Increased annual non-GAAP gross, operating and net profit margins
– Successful broadening of key existing markets business with wins in new markets.
ECtel (NASDAQ: ECTX) is a leading global provider of Integrated Revenue Managementâ„¢ (IRMâ„¢) solutions for communications service providers. A pioneering market leader for over 15 years, ECtel offers carrier-grade solutions that enable wireline, wireless, converged and next-generation operators to fully manage their revenue and cost processes. ECtel IRMâ„¢ Product Suite features the world-leading fraud and revenue assurance products, FraudViewÂ® and RAP, that minimize operator revenue leakage across networks and operations support systems (OSSs). ECtel serves prominent tier one operators, and has more than 100 implementations in over 50 countries worldwide. For more information, visit www.ectel.com