Syndesis, a leader in OSS solutions powering the new communications subscriber experience, has introduced SyndesisÂ® IPTV Expressâ„¢, a unique IPTV service fulfillment solution that manages both IPTV service content and connectivity across telecommunications networks with a single, unified platform.
IPTV Express is a subscriber-centric fulfillment solution that dramatically simplifies and accelerates IPTV service design, creation and activation. It is based on production-proven technology that is central to IPTV deployments at five of the industryâ€™s most prominent communications service providers (CSPs) in North America and Europe.
A new, targeted solution bundle capturing the best practices for IPTV fulfillment, IPTV Express is being unveiled at IPTV World Forum in London, UK, on March 5-7, 2007.
IPTV Express offers comprehensive fulfillment for both content and connectivity, with groundbreaking capabilities for automatic orchestration between the two. The solution integrates seamlessly into existing processes, systems and infrastructure and can be deployed on its own for full end-to-end fulfillment management or in conjunction with existing systems. The IPTV Express solution is built on a highly flexible Syndesis platform that can be extended to support fulfillment of multiple IP services â€“ including IPTV, VoIP, Triple Play, Quad Play and others â€“ over a converged next-generation network.
With IPTV Express, CSPs can:
– Manage advanced IPTV services that deal with individualized channel configurations, enable remote DVR settings, establish regional blackouts and substitutions and enable automated customer PIN resets.
– Establish zero-touch provisioning of services, including auto-configuration of set-top boxes, to fully automate and simplify IPTV service fulfillment.
– Offer High Definition TV (HDTV) by automatically configuring network connectivity to meet Quality of Service (QoS) and policy requirements of HDTV, independent of underlying network technologies.
– Support efficient rollouts and upgrades of Residential Gateways through pre-integration with auto configuration servers that utilize TR-069 or equivalent functionality.
– Speed time-to-market and reduce risk with Syndesisâ€™ off-the-shelf support for leading IPTV vendors such as Alcatel, Microsoft, 2wire and more.
– Leverage a graphically rich service creation environment to speed new service definition, enabling faster time-to-market for competitive offerings.
“We are proud to be at the heart of the industryâ€™s most advanced IPTV service offerings and to be a market leader in IPTV service delivery solutions,” said Mark Nicholson, Chief Technology Officer for Syndesis. “Innovation, integration and flawless delivery are critical for service providers who want to achieve high performance and profitable growth in IPTV. In partnership with Syndesis, telecommunications companies have a robust, stable and scalable platform to enable delivery of television programming and interactive services over multi-vendor legacy and next-generation networks. Syndesis remains committed to building on its 20-year track record of successful service delivery solutions for the benefit of our growing customer base.”
“Service providers looking to launch IPTV offerings face a host of operational challenges, including ensuring that the infrastructure can provide the needed connectivity to support the desired service experience,” said Larry Goldman, Co-Founder and Senior Analyst of OSS Observer. “Syndesis, with its experience in connectivity activation and its expansion into application configuration, is positioned to help service providers manage the complex interdependencies and requirements of both connectivity and content, providing a distinct operational advantage to service providers.”
Additional information about Syndesis IPTV Express is available by visiting booth 86 at the IPTV World Forum, which is being held March 5-7 at the Olympia 2 in London, UK, or at www.syndesis.com.
About Syndesis (www.syndesis.com)
Syndesis is the worldwide leader in OSS solutions powering the new communications subscriber experience, with production-proven solutions for advanced service offerings, such as Triple/Quad Play, VoIP and IPTV, and advanced architectures, such as IMS. Syndesis empowers the world’s leading communications service providers to deliver new network and application experiences for their customers. Renowned for customer success, in-depth network expertise and off-the-shelf support for more technologies and equipment than any other communications software developer, Syndesis is the vendor of choice in deployments at leading service providers worldwide including AT&T, Bell Canada, BT, Cingular, COLT, NuVox, Qwest, Swisscom, Telecom Italia, Telefonica, Telstra, TELUS, Verizon Business and Verizon Wireless.