Syndesis, a worldwide leader in Convergent Service Delivery Management (CSDM) solutions, today unveiled SyndesisÂ® Expressâ„¢, a new group of fulfillment products to power rapid service definition, integrated service design and activation across connectivity, applications and device, and real-time subscriber self-management. The Syndesis Express fulfillment suite provides an integrated view of the subscriber, making it possible for carriers around the world to rapidly launch and automate fulfillment of new services without the costly upgrade or replacement of existing systems such as inventory.
“As CSPs introduce new mobile and residential broadband services their customers demand easy, rapid service activation. As a result, CSPs are looking for fulfillment solutions that span the application, connectivity and device domains,” said Larry Goldman co-founder and senior analyst at OSS Observer. “More than ever before, they need to link their subscribers with the associated network and services.”
Syndesis Express launches service delivery to new heights so that communications service providers (CSPs) can rapidly define, deploy and fulfill the industryâ€™s most advanced service offerings, including IPTV, Triple/Quad Play, Unified Messaging, video conferencing, and others. In addition, with the ability to support thousands of round-trip subscriber requests per second, CSPs can meet peak demands well into the future and, at the same time, bring true self-service and integrated media impulse buying to the masses.
“Todayâ€™s enlightened customers want access to an increasingly rich and interactive set of entertainment and commercial offerings – and they want to use and control these applications any time, any place, using any device,” said Mark Nicholson, Chief Technology Officer for Syndesis. “It is critical for CSPs to meet these expectations in order to retain their current customers, attract new ones and combat the competition. As such, they must consider the entire end-user experience. This is made possible with Syndesis Express and its inherent ability to marry connectivity with content and ensure total service integrity.”
Available immediately, Syndesis Express is a new group of solutions, including:
– SyndesisÂ® Service Creator, a standards-based product to power rapid definition of new, innovative service bundles spanning connectivity and applications using the extensive Syndesis service component library. Over the past 20 years, Syndesis has assembled the industryâ€™s largest library of productized service component building blocks. These components enable automated configuration of the various applications and the underlying network, including service-enabling characteristics such as QoS, bandwidth, security, routing protocols and underlying transport technologies. Service components are available today to rapidly assemble the industryâ€™s most advanced service offerings.
– SyndesisÂ® Application Configuration Manager (ACM) is a high-powered, event-driven service fulfillment component that makes self-activation and self-service a reality, enabling service providers to efficiently offer highly differentiated content and applications. ACM uses standards-based Application Modules to interface into application and content delivery services, such as VoIP feature servers, IPTV middleware, email and messaging servers, gaming servers and other service delivery platforms.
– SyndesisÂ® NetProvisionâ„¢ provides the network connectivity design/assign and activation functionality necessary to enable flow-through provisioning of end-to-end data circuits for multiple technologies (including Gigabit Ethernet, FTTN/FTTP, VoIP, ATM/FR, DSL, IP-VPN, and Optical transports) and multiple equipment vendors.
– SyndesisÂ® Service Manager orchestrates complex relationships between applications and connectivity at all layers to ensure complete fulfillment automation and models the end-to-end view of the subscribers services and applications in real-time.
– SyndesisÂ® Management Console is a single management interface for all Express offerings. Among its features, it provides subscriber-centric order verification and repair based on an “as is” and “as intended” view of the network, guaranteeing a strong foundation for process improvement and prudent management of operations costs.
Together, these components dramatically simplify the management of complex, multi-layer services that involve both connectivity and applications. Unlike inventory-centric approaches to service delivery that focus mostly on physical assets, Syndesis Express is subscriber-centric, orienting all processes around the subscriber to ensure a better user experience.
Syndesis Express represents a pragmatic evolution to next-generation service delivery, using production proven techniques that Syndesis has gleaned from dozens of successful service delivery projects at the worldâ€™s leading carriers over the last 20 years. “Most inventory-centric fulfillment is focused on the physical resources in the network. In contrast, Syndesis solutions are optimized to handle the vastly more complex logical components that make up a next-generation service,” Nicholson said. “These capabilities are essential for service providers seeking to transform their operations and adopt emerging architectures like IMS.”