MetaSolv Software, Inc., a leader in comprehensive operations support system solutions for next-generation communications service providers, today announced the introduction of MetaSolv Subscriber and Service Management, a new product offering that enables service providers to benefit from a single consolidated view of subscribers and end-to-end services.
Successful telecom operators understand that they must develop and rapidly deploy more sophisticated end-user services and bundles across fixed, mobile and broadband networks in order to differentiate themselves in the marketplace. This drives increased operations complexity and necessitates service agility and cost control. A single consolidated view of customers and their services is a fundamental component in enabling the creation and management of next-generation offers and the provisioning of dynamic voice-data-video convergent service combinations.
MetaSolv Subscriber and Service Management provides a cohesive and unified view to efficiently manage subscribers and services. Designed to complement current inventory systems and to leverage existing OSS investments, MetaSolv Subscriber and Service Management offers a highly agile solution for rapid services introduction regardless of technology or domain. Key product capabilities include:
– Specification Catalog â€“ enables the flexible definition of subscribers, products, services, configurations and rules with dynamic extensibility to realize lower cost and risk.
– Subscriber and Service Repository â€“ provides a unified scaleable repository of managed or federated subscriber, product, services and customer data, integral to the entire service lifecycle.
– Integration Framework â€“ promotes interoperability and collaboration with complementary OSS/BSS components through rich web services and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), strong data sharing and synchronization, data federation, and transaction propagation.
– Standards Based â€“ designed on a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) leveraging J2EE, the TeleManagement Forum Shared Information Data model (SID) framework and OSS through Java (OSS/J).
Generally available in June 2006, MetaSolv Subscriber and Service Management is currently being deployed at a large, top-tier operator in Asia to efficiently manage converged services including voice, broadband DSL and mobile. The flexibility of the solution will allow the operator to rapidly plan and design new services and quickly address the market dynamics and changing competitive landscape.
Designed from inception to comply with key industry standards, Subscriber and Service Management provides the foundation for introducing and managing services in a highly powerful, flexible, interoperable way. This capability is a fundamental component of Service Delivery Platforms, allowing carriers to deliver new broad or niche services in a faster, more responsive manner, driving increased customer retention and higher revenue. A key product in the MetaSolvâ€™s service fulfillment portfolio, Subscriber and Service Managementâ€™s differentiators include:
– Unified Service View â€“ ability to view services regardless of technology or domain
– Resource and Inventory Systems Independence â€“ integrates and leverages data regardless of the underlying source or system
– Ease of Deployment – inherent modularity and flexibility enables rapid time to deploy and realize value
â€œMetaSolvâ€™s new Subscriber and Service Management offering addresses a key operational need, providing service agility and flexibility, while enabling operators to cap, and yet leverage, their investments in existing systems,â€ said David Sharpley, executive vice president of product management and marketing, MetaSolv. â€œA key component in our Time-to-Market OSS vision, MetaSolvâ€™s Subscriber and Service Management product provides operators with the modularity required to enable the rapid launch and delivery of next-generation services in a cost-effective and timely manner. This new product further underscores MetaSolvâ€™s commitment to innovation as we continue to invest in the delivery of compelling, value-based solutions to operators worldwide.â€
MetaSolv, Inc. (Nasdaq:MSLV) is a global leader in comprehensive operations support system solutions for next-generation communications service providers. MetaSolv automates the order-to-activate provisioning process for traditional and next-generation IP-based wireline and mobile service providers. MetaSolvâ€™s multi-service, multi-technology capabilities include order management, inventory management, service activation and network mediation. More than 170 global service providers â€“ including Brasil Telecom, BT, Cable & Wireless, O2, Singtel, Sprint, Telstra, T-Mobile, UPC, Verizon Dominicana, and Vodafone â€“ use MetaSolvâ€™s solutions to achieve increased revenues, reduced costs, and enhanced customer service. MetaSolv is a global company, headquartered in Plano, Texas. Visit www.metasolv.com for more information.