BSG Clearing Solutions, a global provider of clearing and settlement, payment services, and financial risk management solutions for communications service providers today announced the availability of its Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM) wireless data clearing services in North America. BSG Clearing Solutionsâ€™ GSM service gives operators the ability to exchange and clear GSM roaming records through a single source.
With 1.6 billion users in over 210 countries worldwide, GSM is the leading digital cellular standard in the world, accounting for 75% of the world’s digital mobile market. One million GSM-based subscribers are being added each day, according to statistics from research firm Wireless Intelligence.
â€œWe see strong, sustainable growth as the North American GSM market adopts subscribers in large numbers,â€ said Patrick Haynes III, CEO of BSG Clearing Solutions.Â â€œWith our 20 years of clearing and settlement experience, and our record of clearing and settling billions of wireless and wire line transactions worldwide, BSG is the obvious choice to provide seamless wireless clearing services.â€
BSG Clearing Solutions partnered to create a wireless data clearing capability that supports the latest GSM TAP standards and incorporates the unique needs of the North American marketplace.Â The solution also captures the following features and functionality.
- Rating and Re-Rating Functionality: Allows operators to perform rating according to specific Bilateral or Multilateral Agreements and Inter Operator Tariffs (IOT.) In addition, the service provides for the complex re-rating functionality based on a variety of flexible configurable parameters.
- Fraud/High Usage Management: Manages fraud and high usage standards by identifying potentially fraudulent behavior early in the Mobile Roaming Clearing life cycle. This solution meets the latest industry standards with the flexibility to evolve as new standards are developed and implemented.
- Comprehensive Web-based Reporting: Provides on-line reporting access with the flexibility needed to meet an operatorâ€™s constantly changing needs for financial, file history and usage reporting.
- Enhanced Customer Focused Service Support: Leverages and further extends our client relationships through focused, individualized customer care as part of BSGâ€™s industry standards.
- Revenue Assurance and Financial Analysis: Assists operators from daily financial and usage reconciliation to monthly financial settlement services.
About BSG Clearing Solutions
BSG Clearing Solutions is a leading global provider of clearing and settlement, payment services, and financial risk management solutions for communications service providers. The company processes over 15 billion transactions annually for 570 of the worldâ€™s largest communications companies throughout North America, Europe and Asia. With a ubiquitous, scalable platform and an extensive portfolio of clearinghouse services for fixed-line, wireless, Wi-Fi, and broadband networks, BSG monetizes network transactions by facilitating the financial exchange of its customersâ€™ services. BSG meets the needs of todayâ€™s complex network interconnections and anticipates the requirements of converging technologies, allowing for rapid and reliable deployment. BSG Clearing Solutions is an operating subsidiary of Billing Services Group Limited, which is publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange (AIM) under the ticker symbol BILL. For more information, visit www.bsgclearing.com.