HP Enterprise Services has announced new and enhanced technology solutions that support communication service providers’ (CSPs’) efforts to generate new revenue streams and reduce costs.
The new services and software will enable CSPs to build and operate public cloud environments for their enterprise and small and midsized business (SMB) customers.
CSPs looking to expand their traditional business models want to offer their subscribers premium applications such as video, audio, messaging and business process services. This requires migrating existing services to next-generation networks and modernizing infrastructures to provide new services that attract and retain business customers.
HP Cloud Solutions for CSPs help CSPs harness the cloud to identify new revenue opportunities, accelerate delivery of new services to their business customers and achieve higher retention rates among subscribers. Building on the HP Converged Cloud portfolio, the new solutions and services enable CSPs to build and manage their public cloud environment. These include:
• HP Cloud Services Enablement Solutions for CSPs offers licensed software that enables CSPs to quickly respond to changing demands without investing in a new data center infrastructure by using a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model. Based on the HP Aggregation Platform for SaaS, the solutions enable CSPs to offer Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and SaaS solutions to their enterprise and SMB customers without an upfront capital investment.
• HP Enterprise Cloud Services for CSPs—Private Cloud provides managed services via HP’s next-generation data centers or the client’s infrastructure. This enables CSPs to quickly respond to demand and scale operations to new clients.
• HP Cloud Business Strategy Workshop for Service Providers helps CSPs define and clarify their public cloud strategy. HP’s experienced consultants work with the client’s C-level executives to build “as a service” offerings, provide a qualitative business case analysis and establish a high-level roadmap of cloud services. This planned approach helps clients minimize their business risks.
• HP Cloud Interactive Voice Response helps CSPs consolidate their infrastructures with the multitenancy capabilities of HP OpenCall Media Platform products. As a result, clients can operate an Interactive Voice Response solution in a cloud environment, leveraging core competencies in voice services to create new revenue streams.
Integrated cloud solutions accelerate time to market
HP licensed software solutions help CSPs become cloud service brokers and provide IaaS and SaaS solutions to their business customers. The solutions enable CSPs to offer:
• Device Management as a Service for the management and data backup of mobile devices and PCs;
• Communications as a Service, including HP and third-party solutions such as messaging, collaboration and business voice services;
• Business Applications as a Service, offering HP and a suite of third-party solutions for web hosting, including enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management; and
• IaaS for compute services, which is based on HP’s prepackaged HP CloudSystem Service Provider solution.
Expanded cloud offerings drive competitive differentiation, customer satisfaction
Incorporating network and IT services into cloud offerings enables clients to differentiate from competitors while improving scalability and the customers’ end-to-end experience.
The HP Market Place Portal enables CSPs and their resellers to define and price application bundles for customers, including services, software and hardware. By centralizing management functions via a single portal, CSPs minimize service failure risk while improving customer satisfaction.
Pricing and availability
HP Cloud Solutions for CSPs are available to clients worldwide; pricing varies according to implementation.